|GREEN LAKE AREA SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS & COMMUNITY COLLABORATIONS
GLASScc: Pronounced "Glasses" as in clarifying vision.
Our mission is to provide an efficient means for citizens of Green Lake County, WI and the surrounding geographical area to;
- Access local government and community information.
- Learn about sustainability and local economic development strategies.
- Provide input and participate in local planning and decision-making.
To serve as a community-wide resource providing a centralized source for local information, sustainability education, community development, the promotion of collaborative efforts and local government transparency.
To facilitate beneficial community and government engagement enabling constituents to participate in local decision making and the development of a vision for sustainable prosperity.
To provide leadership in the transformation (back in many aspects) to an economically viable and sustainable rural community.
Questions & Answers
Q: Why GLASScc? (Glasses?)
The formation of GLASScc stems from an identified lack of, and need for, local government transparency and community-based information. Finding information within local government and about the community is currently often a burdensome and/or antiquated process often involving a physical visit to the Town/City/County/Community facility and/or hours of effort and travel. This assessment also revealed a lack of communication within and between our communities as well as counterproductive policies concerning public participation and input opportunities.
GLASScc will endeavor to bring 21st century access and clarity to these issues.
Q: What do you intend on doing exactly?
The purpose of GLASScc is to serve as a central hub or single point resource providing web-based access to information concerning Green Lake County and the surrounding area. There are 4 main objectives that GLASScc means to accomplish:
1) Provide a community snapshot of the area that will clearly identify all the organizations, associations, civic groups and other entities that exist and are working within the community.
2) Provide easily navigated web-based access to all local government information and provide the ability for the public to provide input and participate in the discussion of issues and decisions that are being contemplated within our communities.
3) Provide educational and development information concerning sustainable economic development, rural character preservation, social interaction and community involvement opportunities.
4) Facilitate communication and collaboration between local government, community organizations, businesses and the public.
Q: How will individuals or organizations utilize your services?
GLASScc will serve as a local community information source accessed via the internet. The GLASScc web-portal will provide in-depth community and sustainability information/education and provide a web presence for smaller entities and government bodies that do not have their own website.
Features such as blogs, forums, surveys, webcasts, etc. will provide transparancy and community input capacity. These and other programs will assist in the identification and communication of community priorities, values and opportunities within local government and the community alike.
Q: How can others get involved in with GLASScc?
We seek web-savvy designers/programmers, researchers, non-profit administrators/professionals, board and advisory members and volunteers of various stripes.
Many positions may lead to employment opportunities.
All are welcome and encouraged to participate in identifying solutions leading to healthy, vibrant and thriving Green Lake Area communities.
For more information or to get involved with the GLASScc project, email or write to Todd Hudzinski
|N4717 Wicks Landing Rd, Princeton, WI 54969|